Thief carries 250-pound safe out of Mass. eatery
Surveillance tape shows the man entering a side door at the rear of the restaurant, heading down the stairs and coming back up carrying a large object
WEYMOUTH, Mass. — Massachusetts police are searching for a strong-armed thief who carried a 250-pound safe out of a restaurant.
Kevin Hynes says a man walked out of his Stockholders Restaurant in Weymouth on Sunday night lugging the vault.
Surveillance tape shows the man entering a side door at the rear of the restaurant, heading down the stairs and coming back up carrying a large object wrapped in a trash bag.
No arrests have been made.
Hynes isn't saying how much money was in the safe, but he's offering a $2,500 reward for information leading to the man's arrest.
He says he's since bought an even heavier safe and bolted it to the concrete floor.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house