Thief carries 250-pound safe out of Mass. eatery
Surveillance tape shows the man entering a side door at the rear of the restaurant, heading down the stairs and coming back up carrying a large object
WEYMOUTH, Mass. — Massachusetts police are searching for a strong-armed thief who carried a 250-pound safe out of a restaurant.
Kevin Hynes says a man walked out of his Stockholders Restaurant in Weymouth on Sunday night lugging the vault.
Surveillance tape shows the man entering a side door at the rear of the restaurant, heading down the stairs and coming back up carrying a large object wrapped in a trash bag.
No arrests have been made.
Hynes isn't saying how much money was in the safe, but he's offering a $2,500 reward for information leading to the man's arrest.
He says he's since bought an even heavier safe and bolted it to the concrete floor.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend