Naked Calif. man jumps roof-to-roof eluding police
Police reported seeing John Redmon jump onto four different rooftops during the course of the pursuit before he was caught
STOCKTON — Police chased a naked man through a north Stockton neighborhood Monday, following on the ground as he jumped from one rooftop to the next and over some fences before resisting arrest and being apprehended, according to a report.
Officers armed with an arrest warrant arrived at a residence in the 300 block of Edan Avenue about noon Monday as the man, identified as John Redmon, 36, fled out the back door, officials said.
He slipped out of his clothes and was next spotted on top of a residential roof. Police reported seeing Redmon jump onto four different rooftops during the course of the pursuit.
When they caught up to him, Redmon resisted and a baton was deployed to assist with taking him into custody, police said. Redmon was arrested on suspicion of stalking, drug-related violations and resisting arrest.
Copyright 2013 The Record
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms