'Breaking Bad' winner arrested on drug charges
Ryan Lee Carroll sold synthetic marijuana and shipped it across the U.S. from his Fort Myers home with two other men
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Authorities say a Florida man who won a raffle to watch the series finale of AMC’s ‘‘Breaking Bad’’ with the cast has been charged with running a drug distribution operation.
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office reports that Ryan Lee Carroll sold synthetic marijuana and shipped it across the U.S. from his Fort Myers home with two other men. He was arrested on New Year’s Eve.
Authorities seized more than $1 million in synthetic marijuana during the bust.
According to deputies, the suspects used a cement mixer to create the drugs. The drugs were shipped through the U.S. Postal Service.
Investigators also seized a souvenir Hazmat suit signed by ‘‘Breaking Bad’’ cast members. The TV show follows a former high school teacher who produces and sells meth with a previous student.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house