Man under house arrest asks for prison to escape wife
The 32-year-old Tunisian asked police if her could serve the rest of his sentence in jail to escape his wife
TUSCANY, Italy — A man in Tuscany has begged to be put in prison in a bid to escape his "unbearable" wife, local police said on Thursday.
The 32-year-old Tunisian, who was under house arrest for drug dealing, went to the police on Tuesday afternoon and asked to serve the rest of his sentence in jail.
As requested, he was then taken by police to the district prison where he is now free of his apparently argumentative wife.
Full Story: Drug dealer begs for jail to escape nagging wife
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert