Man under house arrest asks for prison to escape wife
The 32-year-old Tunisian asked police if her could serve the rest of his sentence in jail to escape his wife
TUSCANY, Italy — A man in Tuscany has begged to be put in prison in a bid to escape his "unbearable" wife, local police said on Thursday.
The 32-year-old Tunisian, who was under house arrest for drug dealing, went to the police on Tuesday afternoon and asked to serve the rest of his sentence in jail.
As requested, he was then taken by police to the district prison where he is now free of his apparently argumentative wife.
Full Story: Drug dealer begs for jail to escape nagging wife
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform