Calif. man takes a nap while burglarizing home
A Calif. man has been charged with burglary after he was found sleeping at the foot of his victim’s bed
SANTA ANA, Calif. — A California man has been charged with burglary after he was found sleeping at the foot of his victim’s bed, authorities said.
Ruben Diego Ortega, 20, of Santa Ana, was arrested Saturday after a homeowner told police he was sleeping in his room with his wife when he felt something touch his leg. The unidentified victim then got up and found him sleeping at the foot of his bed, according to a statement issued by the Santa Ana Police Department. The homeowner told police he recognized Ortega from the neighborhood.
Hours later, the victim realized some property was missing from him home — a PlayStation and cellphones — and went to Ortega’s nearby residence to confront him. He retrieved his property and then called police to report the crime, police said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department