Pizza Hut manager arrested for spitting on cop's food
The woman recognized the officer as the man busted her for a DUI and decided to retaliate
By PoliceOne Staff
ERWIN, Tenn. — A Pizza Hut manager was arrested after an officer caught her spitting on his pizza as he waited to pick it up.
According to a police report, Sheriff’s deputy Frank Rogers arrived at the restaurant after placing an order over the phone, and became suspicious when the woman behind the counter — who never asked for his name — told him it wasn’t ready yet and began acting strange.
“As the defendant removed the pizza from the oven I observed her cut her eyes and look at me. The defendant then leaned over the pizza that she had began to slice, and I observed her spit on the pizza which had been purchased by me,” Rogers wrote in his report.
He called attention to the matter and the woman, 29-year-old Amanda Engle, admitted that she knew who the officer was.
Unicoi County Sheriff Mike Hensley said Engle was acting in “retaliation” after Rogers arrested her for a DUI several months earlier, according to the Herald Sun.
Engle was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct and was fired from her position the following day.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police