Video: CHP officer arrests firefighter at crash scene
The officer asked the firefighter to move the fire truck and he refused
By PoliceOne Staff
CHULA VISTA, Calif. — A Chula Vista firefighter responding to a rollover accident was arrested after he got into an argument with a responding officer about where the fire truck should be parked.
The firefighter, who has not been identified, was handcuffed and placed in the back of a patrol car for about 30 minutes before he was released, as other officers and firefighters tended to the crash victims, according to CBS 8.
News cameras caught the confrontation but neither department made a formal statement about the incident.
Representatives from the CHP and Chula Vista Fire Department are scheduled to meet Wednesday to discuss the issue further.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman