Police: Md. man robs woman in labor
Police say a woman reported to be in labor and her boyfriend were robbed in Annapolis as they headed to a hospital
ANNAPOLIS, Md. — Police say a woman reported to be in labor and her boyfriend were robbed in Annapolis as they headed to a hospital.
The couple was confronted by three men with guns as they left an apartment on Copeland Street early Sunday. When the woman's boyfriend fled, police spokeswoman Cpl. Amy Miguez says, the suspects tried to get the woman to let them into an apartment, but she didn't have a key.
That's when two of the men took off in the woman's car, Miguez says. After a chase, police arrested 24-year-old Devery Kelley of Annapolis and 44-year-old Cornell Robinson of Washington and charged them with robbery and assault.
The woman was taken to Anne Arundel Medical Center, but a hospital official did not have details about her condition.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms