Police: 2 Texas men injured in 'Zelda' sword duel over girlfriend
Man grabbed his replica master sword from video game 'The Legend of Zelda' and engaged in a duel
By Gianna Caserta
HOUSTON — According to deputies with the Harris County Sheriff's Office, Eugene Thompson lives at a home with his girlfriend and said Saturday night they got into an argument. That's when his girlfriend called her estranged husband, who stopped by the house around 10 p.m.
Thompson's girlfriend let the man inside. Thompson said he ran to the back bedroom and told the man to leave the house, but he refused and started charging at him. That's when Thompson says he grabbed his replica master sword from video game 'The Legend of Zelda.'
Deputies said the two men fought over the sword and in the scuffle, the estranged husband was stabbed — once in the chest and once in the leg. Thompson said the man grabbed a flower pot from outside and smashed it over his head.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms