Police: SC man attacks Taco Bell patron for belching
Police in South Carolina are looking for a suspect who apparently doesn't tolerate bad manners
TEGA CAY, S.C. — Police in South Carolina are looking for a suspect who apparently doesn't tolerate bad manners.
Tega Cay, S.C., police say a 20-year-old Fort Mill man sat down with a friend at a local Taco Bell restaurant on Sunday when a man in another booth asked him if he had belched without saying "excuse me."
A police report says the man then walked over to the victim, picked up a chair and hit the victim on the left elbow. The victim also told police the man grabbed his throat and tried to head butt him before a restaurant worker told the assailant to leave.
The report said the victim suffered a minor cut on his elbow and redness around his throat. Police said the suspect left in a white pickup truck.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police