Texas officers pursue escaped bull
A bull led police on a chase down a Texas city street before horse-riding, lasso-yielding officers were able to wrangle the animal
WACO, Texas — A bull apparently in no mood for vaccinations led police on a chase down a Texas city street before horse-riding, lasso-yielding officers were able to wrangle the animal.
The Waco Tribune-Herald reports that the bull was being vaccinated at a veterinary clinic in Waco when it broke out of its corral Tuesday.
Officers say a man spotted the animal running down the street and gave chase, wielding a whip and lasso from a pickup truck with three or four police cars behind him.
Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton says the bull ran into a fenced yard after about 45 minutes. Two animal control cowboys were able to lasso it into a trailer.
Swanton says police were mostly concerned about the bull injuring pedestrians or interrupting traffic. No one was injured.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend