Ga. dispatcher saves father on her first day
A DeKalb County 911 Operator spent months training, but never imagined she would get a call from her own family just four hours into her first day
My Fox Atlanta
DeKALB COUNTY, Ga. — A DeKalb County 911 Operator spent months training, but never imagined she would get a call from her own family just four hours into her first day working alone.
Crystal Morrow says she had answered about 40 calls that Monday including a burglary in progress and a house fire. Morrow was surprised when she heard a familiar voice on the other end of a call.
Morrow's aunt dialed 911 and Morrow picked up. Her father had gone into diabetic shock.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend