Ga. dispatcher saves father on her first day
A DeKalb County 911 Operator spent months training, but never imagined she would get a call from her own family just four hours into her first day
My Fox Atlanta
DeKALB COUNTY, Ga. — A DeKalb County 911 Operator spent months training, but never imagined she would get a call from her own family just four hours into her first day working alone.
Crystal Morrow says she had answered about 40 calls that Monday including a burglary in progress and a house fire. Morrow was surprised when she heard a familiar voice on the other end of a call.
Morrow's aunt dialed 911 and Morrow picked up. Her father had gone into diabetic shock.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert