Ga. dispatcher saves father on her first day
A DeKalb County 911 Operator spent months training, but never imagined she would get a call from her own family just four hours into her first day
My Fox Atlanta
DeKALB COUNTY, Ga. — A DeKalb County 911 Operator spent months training, but never imagined she would get a call from her own family just four hours into her first day working alone.
Crystal Morrow says she had answered about 40 calls that Monday including a burglary in progress and a house fire. Morrow was surprised when she heard a familiar voice on the other end of a call.
Morrow's aunt dialed 911 and Morrow picked up. Her father had gone into diabetic shock.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation