Police: Mass. home intruder turns out to be a duck
A North Reading woman called police Saturday from her upstairs bedroom to report that she heard loud banging noises downstairs
NORTH READING, Mass. — Police in Massachusetts responding to reports of an intruder in a woman's home quickly quacked the case.
A North Reading woman called police Saturday from her upstairs bedroom to report that she heard loud banging noises downstairs and feared someone had broken into her home.
Officers who responded found no sign of a break-in.
But during a quick search of the home, police found a soot-covered wood duck.
Police say it appears the duck got in through the chimney.
An officer caught the duck and released it into a nearby pond.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman