Hawaii cop helps wife deliver their baby in squad car
Officer Mario Ochoa, who is assigned to the Kona Patrol, was driving his wife Ryan to the hospital when she said the baby was coming
By Lynn Kawano
HONOLULU — A Hawaii County police officer responded to his own emergency Tuesday morning. He delivered his baby girl on the side of a highway.
Officer Mario Ochoa, who is assigned to the Kona Patrol, was driving his wife Ryan to the hospital when she said the baby was coming.
Officer Ochoa pulled over along Highway 190 in Waimea. Their little girl was born in just minutes, on the passenger seat of his squad car. Officer Ochoa cleaned the baby's face, placed her in her mother's arms, and covered them with a blanket. They all waited for the ambulance.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police