Police: Missing Neb. toddler found stuck inside claw machine
Authorities say a toddler has been reunited with his mother after employees found him playing inside a claw crane machine
LINCOLN, Neb. — Authorities say a toddler has been reunited with his mother after employees found him playing inside a claw crane machine at a Nebraska bowling alley.
Lincoln police say a 24-year-old woman called 911 Monday afternoon because her 3-year-old son was missing from her apartment.
Employees at the bowling alley across the street meanwhile called police to say a small boy was playing with stuffed animals inside the coin-operated machine.
It was unclear how the boy ended up inside the claw crane machine. A representative from the vending machine company let him out and he was reunited with his mother a short time later. He was not hurt.
Police say the mother was not cited because she quickly reported that her son was missing and there were no indications of neglect.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms