Mont. suspect licks officer's eye during arrest
Police say when officers tried to put suspect in a patrol car; he licked one of their eyes
By Angela Brandt
The Montana Standard
BUTTE, Mont. — A Walkerville man is accused of licking a police officer's eye during his arrest.
Christopher Nicholas Hiatt, 34, is in jail on a felony charge of assault on a peace officer and misdemeanor charges of assault with a bodily fluid, criminal contempt and probation violation.
Police say Hiatt called to report a theft on Saturday night and dispatchers realized he was wanted on a contempt warrant out of Lewis and Clark County. Officers later found Hiatt outside of Pisser's Palace in Walkerville.
When officers attempted to apprehend Hiatt, he fought and wouldn't let them handcuff him. Police say when officers tried to put him in a patrol car; he licked one of their eyes. The assault with a bodily fluid charge stems from the saliva.
Hiatt is behind bars on $26,000 bond.
Copyright 2014 The Montana Standard
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman