Man pelts girlfriend with eggs, attacks cops at Easter party
27-year-old Aaron Goempel was arrested on simple and aggravated assault charges
PITTSBURGH — Pittsburgh police say a man threw hardboiled eggs at his girlfriend during an Easter egg decorating party, then tried to attack police.
The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported Sunday that 27-year-old Aaron Goempel was arrested on simple and aggravated assault charges.
Police say they responded to a fight call to find a woman with a red and swollen right eye. She told police Goempel threw the eggs after she accused him of cheating on her.
Authorities say that after police made their way past a makeshift barricade into a bedroom, Goempel reached for a row of knives and swords before he was subdued. They say he yelled racist obscenities at one officer and kicked another in the groin.
Court records don't indicate whether he has a defense attorney.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter