Video: Rappers T.I., Game get in standoff with LAPD
Clash began over mistaken accusations that officers attacked rap stars' friends
By Melissa Ruggieri
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
LOS ANGELES — Atlanta rapper T.I. and West Coast MC The Game engaged in an intense standoff with the LAPD early Wednesday.
According to video posted by TMZ, the rappers mistakenly believe the weapons-wielding police beat up their friends outside of the Supperclub on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles.
Apparently, a group of "mutual acquaintances" of T.I. and The Game were denied entry into the club; the men began arguing with security and one threw a punch. Security then descended on two of the men, punching and kicking them.
In the video, a brazen T.I. initially accuses police of the beatdown, asking, "Is this a crime scene? Y'all got a lot of people to beat up."
But after a few moments, T.I. realizes the mistake and yells to the group, "The police didn't do it — security did."
The group turns and approaches the security detail, where more accusations and yelling ensues.
According to TMZ, the two injured men were taken to the LAPD's Hollywood division, but no one wanted to file charges so they left.
Copyright 2014 The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds