Video: Intoxicated man clings to speeding taxi in carjacking attempt
The suspect held on to the outside of the cab for eight miles until the driver hit a traffic jam
CBS New York
NEW YORK — A man who allegedly tried to carjack a taxi and then hung on to the outside of the cab for miles as it sped down the Bruckner Expressway faced a judge Tuesday.
Matthew McCorkle, 26, of the Bronx, faces more than a dozen serious charges, including DUI, grand larceny and reckless driving.
The suspect held on for eight miles until the cab hit a traffic jam on the New England Thruway. That’s when police said he jumped off the cab, pulled a driver out of another car and drove off. Police finally caught up with him when he crashed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman