Pa. robbers hold up gas station, pump gas for customers
Instead of fleeing, the robbers stuck around and pumped gas, offering a discount to those who paid cash
PHILADELPHIA — Authorities say several men robbed a Philadelphia gas station, firing a shot that grazed the clerk. But it's what they did afterward that has police scratching their heads.
Police tell KYW-TV that instead of fleeing, the robbers stuck around early Monday and pumped gas, offering a discount to those who paid cash.
Lt. John Walker calls the robbers' actions "bizarre." He says they probably felt they didn't get enough money in the stickup "so they're going to sit there, take control of the business, offer gas at a discounted price and try to get additional money."
The clerk's father says his son was told by the robbers to stay in the bathroom for two hours. Police say the robbers are at large.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police