'Cannibal cop' cooking meals for inmates, COs
'Cannibal cop' Gilberto Valle is cooking up a storm to 'kill time' in prison
By PoliceOne Staff
NEW YORK — The man convicted of conspiring to kill and eat dozens of women has become quite the chef while in prison.
According to the New York Daily News, Gilberto Valle, a former NYPD officer, has become a favorite among inmates and COs for his well-cooked meals.
“He has mastered pizza making,” said his mother, Elizabeth Valle.
Prison kitchen workers don’t hold a grudge against her son, instead cracking jokes about not standing too close to the oven.
Valle was convicted more than a year ago, but has yet to be sentenced. If his conviction is upheld, he faces life in prison.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house