Police: La. man drives drunk to station to file report
31-year-old man has been arrested after he drove to a Louisiana state police headquarters while drunk to file an accident report
BATON ROUGE, La. — Police say a 31-year-old man has been arrested after he drove to a Louisiana state police headquarters while drunk to file an accident report.
Online booking records indicate Patrick Ruffner of Gonzales was in the East Baton Rouge Parish jail Monday with bond set at $1,000.
Trooper Jared Sandifer says Ruffner called state police Saturday, saying his vehicle was struck by a hit-and-run driver on Interstate 10 in Baton Rouge. He was told to come to Troop A's offices to fill out a crash report.
Sandifer says that when Ruffner got out of his SUV, a trooper smelled alcohol and gave him field sobriety and breath tests.
Sandifer says Ruffner was booked with driving on a suspended license and with first-offense driving while intoxicated.
It was not immediately clear whether Ruffner had an attorney.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform