Video: SC cop stops driver-less runaway truck
The owner of the truck had been working on it when he lost control and was struck by the truck
By Adrian Acosta
CHESNEE, S.C. — Chesnee police officer Tim Walker said he had no choice but to try and stop a driver-less truck that was out of control and had already injured one man.
"I got a call about a pedestrian involved accident," Walker said. "When I got there I found a truck doing circles in reverse."
Frederick Watkins had been working on the truck moments before when things went wrong.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help