Video: SC cop stops driver-less runaway truck
The owner of the truck had been working on it when he lost control and was struck by the truck
By Adrian Acosta
CHESNEE, S.C. — Chesnee police officer Tim Walker said he had no choice but to try and stop a driver-less truck that was out of control and had already injured one man.
"I got a call about a pedestrian involved accident," Walker said. "When I got there I found a truck doing circles in reverse."
Frederick Watkins had been working on the truck moments before when things went wrong.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department