Sword-wielding 'elf' high on acid attacks woman's car
The bizarre incident occurred on May 13
By Hillary Lake
PORTLAND, Ore. — Sue Bales’ BMW looks like it was beaten down by a hail storm. Instead, a metal sword wielded by a man, who told police he was high on acid at the time, is the reason she’s not driving it for the next two weeks.
The attack happened on May 13 at the intersection of Southeast 7th Avenue and Morrison Street in Portland. Bales was driving her teenage daughter to school, a routine route the two take every day, but this day is more than memorable for them.
"There was a person standing in the middle, in the very middle of the intersection and he was robed in black robes, and he had fashioned a cross that he had that he was dragging behind him,” Bales explained.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper