89-year-old woman beats sword-wielding robber with golf club
An 89-year-old storeowner used a golf club to fight-off a robbery suspect who was armed with a sword Sunday morning
MOSES LAKE, Wash. — An 89-year-old storeowner used a golf club to fight-off a robbery suspect who was armed with a sword Sunday morning in Moses Lake.
Police said the suspect entered Frank’s Superette with a sword. He managed to get away with a cash register and rode-off on a BMX bike according to witnesses.
During the ordeal, the storeowner said she struck the man with a golf club. Her son said she was not injured and later recovered the cash register.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash