89-year-old woman beats sword-wielding robber with golf club
An 89-year-old storeowner used a golf club to fight-off a robbery suspect who was armed with a sword Sunday morning
MOSES LAKE, Wash. — An 89-year-old storeowner used a golf club to fight-off a robbery suspect who was armed with a sword Sunday morning in Moses Lake.
Police said the suspect entered Frank’s Superette with a sword. He managed to get away with a cash register and rode-off on a BMX bike according to witnesses.
During the ordeal, the storeowner said she struck the man with a golf club. Her son said she was not injured and later recovered the cash register.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper