Ariz. police arrest man for shooting at moon
39-year-old Cameron Read was talking about seeing Halley's Comet and fired a round out of the window
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. — An Arizona man arrested for unlawfully discharging a firearm told authorities that he was trying to shoot the moon.
Prescott Valley police responded to the home after a woman reported that her boyfriend had fired several shots from a handgun and still was armed last Friday night.
The woman and her teenage son told police that 39-year-old Cameron Read was talking about seeing Halley's Comet and fired a round out of the window.
They heard several more shots before fleeing.
Police say Read has been booked into the Yavapai County Jail on suspicion of felony counts of unlawful discharge of a firearm, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and endangerment plus misdemeanor criminal damage.
He doesn't have an attorney yet.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform