Armed teens try to steal elderly woman's car, can't drive stick
The three Seattle teens tried to steal the woman’s car Saturday
By Linzi Sheldon
SEATTLE — Three teens tried to steal a Seattle woman’s car Saturday afternoon, but couldn’t because none of them knew how to drive a stick shift.
“I got a five speed in there,” Nancy Fredrickson, 70, said. “They couldn't figure out how to get it going!”
Fredrickson said she had just walked around the back of her KIA to get something from the trunk when she heard someone demanding her keys. At first she thought it was a joke; then, she saw the gun.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend