Armed teens try to steal elderly woman's car, can't drive stick
The three Seattle teens tried to steal the woman’s car Saturday
By Linzi Sheldon
SEATTLE — Three teens tried to steal a Seattle woman’s car Saturday afternoon, but couldn’t because none of them knew how to drive a stick shift.
“I got a five speed in there,” Nancy Fredrickson, 70, said. “They couldn't figure out how to get it going!”
Fredrickson said she had just walked around the back of her KIA to get something from the trunk when she heard someone demanding her keys. At first she thought it was a joke; then, she saw the gun.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help