Va. man TASERed after stripping naked, fleeing police in wrong-way pursuit
The man stripped off his clothes during a crowded bar crawl, then hopped in a vehicle and hit several other cars
ARLINGTON, Va. — Patrons at a restaurant in Clarendon spotted a naked man who hopped in a car and drove off before being Tasered by police.
It happened during the All American Bar Crawl on Saturday when a man stripped inside Goody's pizza before leading police on a high speed chase.
The Arlington County Sheriff's Office released the man's name on Sunday. He has been identified as 22-year-old Charles T. Mack II.
Arlington police say they pursued Mack through nearby neighborhoods after he ran out of Goody's pizza and into a car.
Eventually police say Mack drove the wrong way onto Wilson Boulevard, smashed into two cars and was eventually stopped at Wilson Boulevard and North Highland Street.
Police say officers used a Taser to subdue the Mack, who was taken to Virginia Hospital Center and then to jail.
He has been charged with DWI, narcotics possession, disregarding police commands and three separate hit and run charges.
Reprinted with permission from WUSA 9
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help