Drunk Ga. man tells cops dog drove him to store
Police were called to the scene after reports of a dog locked inside a hot car
By PoliceOne Staff
OCONEE COUNTY, Ga. — A Ga. man arrested Wednesday for DUI and animal cruelty told police his pet had driven him to the store.
CBS 46 reports that police were called to the scene after reports of a dog locked inside a hot car, which police later clocked at 123 degrees.
After he arrived back at his vehicle, 60-year-old Wesley Mark Terrell told officers his dog drove him to the store to purchase corn.
Police arrested Terrell, who appeared intoxicated, and took custody of the animal.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help