Police: Woman posts selfies in stolen dress, arrested
Police arrested 27-year-old Danielle Saxton, of West Frankfort, earlier this month on misdemeanor retail theft charges
WEST FRANKFORT, Ill. — Police investigating the theft of clothing and jewelry from a southern Illinois boutique say they arrested a woman after she posted Facebook photos of herself wearing one of the stolen items.
WSIL-TV reports that police arrested 27-year-old Danielle Saxton, of West Frankfort, earlier this month on misdemeanor retail theft charges. She's free on her own recognizance.
Authorities say a distinctive leopard-print dress was among the items stolen July 11 from Mortie's Boutique in West Frankfort.
The store's co-owner, Kert Williams, says he posted about the stolen items on Facebook and that people who saw Williams' posting and those of Saxton made the connection and helped police.
Online court records don't show whether Saxton has an attorney. She does not have a listed home telephone number.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms