Grandma thanks Idaho trooper for traffic stop
Woman wrote a note to the Idaho State Police thanking the trooper for the kindness he showed her grandchildren during the stop
BOISE, Idaho — A woman who got a speeding ticket while on a recent vacation to Idaho wrote a note to the Idaho State Police thanking the trooper for the kindness he showed her grandchildren during the stop.
KBOI-TV reports the Idaho State Police shared the note on Wednesday.
The woman wrote that Officer Mike Nielsen made the stop a good experience for her grandchildren by talking with them calmly and giving them stickers.
She says she wasn't left out and got her "very own sticker shock."
The letter did not say how much she was fined.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- PD removes 'Blue Lives Matter,' Punisher car decals after criticism
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Report: Hiring standards may be lowered to meet Border Patrol staffing goal
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber