Ala. man claims burglar smoked wife's ashes
Vietnam vet Phillip McMullen went out of town to stay with some friends. While he was gone, he said the unspeakable happened
By Liz Nelson
CITRONELLE, Ala. — A Vietnam War veteran is speaking out exclusively to FOX10 News after he claims a burglar broke into his home and smoked the ashes of his deceased wife.
Last week, Citronelle resident and Vietnam Vet, Phillip McMullen, went out of town to stay with some friends. While he was gone, he said the unspeakable happened.
“(The burglar) ransacked my house, tried to break in my gun safe, which, they weren’t able to, they even took my wife’s ashes off my headboard, strewed them around, looked like they tried to smoke some of them or something,” McMullen said, “I guess they figured out this stuff ain’t worth smoking, so they threw it up underneath one of my toolboxes.”
Full Story: Victim: burglar smoked my wife’s ashes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer