Wanted man wins police-sponsored doughnut-eating contest, arrested
The competition was for the Elizabeth City Police Department’s National Night Out Against Crime event
By Marissa Jasek
Elizabeth City, N.C. — For nearly nine months, 24-year-old Bradley Hardison was a man on the run; he was wanted for felony break-ins in Camden County.
What finally did him in? A doughnut eating contest at an anti-crime event packed with police.
The competition was for the Elizabeth City Police Department’s National Night Out Against Crime event. In just two minutes time Hardison devoured eight glazed doughnuts.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police