Wanted man wins police-sponsored doughnut-eating contest, arrested
The competition was for the Elizabeth City Police Department’s National Night Out Against Crime event
By Marissa Jasek
Elizabeth City, N.C. — For nearly nine months, 24-year-old Bradley Hardison was a man on the run; he was wanted for felony break-ins in Camden County.
What finally did him in? A doughnut eating contest at an anti-crime event packed with police.
The competition was for the Elizabeth City Police Department’s National Night Out Against Crime event. In just two minutes time Hardison devoured eight glazed doughnuts.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms