Wanted man wins police-sponsored doughnut-eating contest, arrested
The competition was for the Elizabeth City Police Department’s National Night Out Against Crime event
By Marissa Jasek
Elizabeth City, N.C. — For nearly nine months, 24-year-old Bradley Hardison was a man on the run; he was wanted for felony break-ins in Camden County.
What finally did him in? A doughnut eating contest at an anti-crime event packed with police.
The competition was for the Elizabeth City Police Department’s National Night Out Against Crime event. In just two minutes time Hardison devoured eight glazed doughnuts.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy