Wanted man wins police-sponsored doughnut-eating contest, arrested
The competition was for the Elizabeth City Police Department’s National Night Out Against Crime event
By Marissa Jasek
Elizabeth City, N.C. — For nearly nine months, 24-year-old Bradley Hardison was a man on the run; he was wanted for felony break-ins in Camden County.
What finally did him in? A doughnut eating contest at an anti-crime event packed with police.
The competition was for the Elizabeth City Police Department’s National Night Out Against Crime event. In just two minutes time Hardison devoured eight glazed doughnuts.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police