Police: Woman stole wine to see jailed boyfriend
A Texas woman allegedly stole a bottle of $3.99 wine to get arrested and see her jailed boyfriend
CEDAR PARK, Texas — A Texas woman allegedly stole a bottle of $3.99 wine to get arrested and see her jailed boyfriend.
Alicia Walicke of Cedar Park was charged with misdemeanor theft and freed on $5,000 bond Friday. Williamson County jail records did not list an attorney for the woman.
Police say Walicke stole a bottle of wine from a gas station Wednesday. An arrest affidavit says police found the woman outside the business and drinking the wine. The affidavit says she told police that she wanted to see her boyfriend, who was arrested hours earlier, and told them she wanted to go to jail.
Police in Cedar Park, 15 miles northwest of Austin, didn't immediately identify the boyfriend or say whether the woman saw him.
Police didn't immediately return messages Saturday.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper