Police: NM robber caught after shower and shave
Suspect held victim at gunpoint while he showered, shaved, dressed in the victim's clothes, and then left with his car, television and cash
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Police say a suspect accused of robbing a 94-year-old Albuquerque, New Mexico, man was caught after he shaved and showered in the victim's home — and left behind his fingerprints.
The Albuquerque Journal reports authorities said 43-year-old Rudy Chavez was arrested Saturday.
According to a criminal complaint, Chavez held Glen Miller at gunpoint while Chavez showered, shaved, dressed in Miller's clothes, and then left with Miller's car, television and cash. The complaint says Chavez told Miller he was committing the robbery because he had just been released from prison and couldn't find work.
Albuquerque Police Lt. Paul Szych said investigators identified Chavez through fingerprints on the shaver and a bottle of mouthwash.
Chavez faces a number of charges including kidnapping. It was not known if he had an attorney.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert