Fugitive arrested after 'ice bucket challenge' reveals location
Man — wanted for violating terms of his parole — posted to Facebook a video of his try at the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
By Emerson Clarridge
OMAHA, Neb. — To stay off law enforcement’s radar, Jesean Morris may have wanted to avoid a fundraising effort that has rocked the online world. Perhaps the 20-year-old Omaha man should have just made a donation and left the ice in the bucket.
Instead, Morris — wanted for violating terms of his parole — posted to Facebook a video of his try at the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, a fundraiser in which people pour a container of water and ice on their head in lieu of making a donation. Many participants do both.
The video ended Morris’ time on the lam.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen