Fugitive arrested after 'ice bucket challenge' reveals location
Man — wanted for violating terms of his parole — posted to Facebook a video of his try at the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
By Emerson Clarridge
OMAHA, Neb. — To stay off law enforcement’s radar, Jesean Morris may have wanted to avoid a fundraising effort that has rocked the online world. Perhaps the 20-year-old Omaha man should have just made a donation and left the ice in the bucket.
Instead, Morris — wanted for violating terms of his parole — posted to Facebook a video of his try at the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, a fundraiser in which people pour a container of water and ice on their head in lieu of making a donation. Many participants do both.
The video ended Morris’ time on the lam.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help