Ky. inmate ODs on methadone-soaked underwear
A murder investigation is underway after an inmate reportedly died following an incident involving methadone-soaked underwear
By PoliceOne Staff
NICHOLASVILLE, Ky. — A murder investigation is underway at the Jessamine County Detention Center after an inmate reportedly died following an incident involving methadone-soaked underwear.
LEX18 reports that staff found Corey McQueary, 33, unresponsive in his cell Wednesday night. He was taken to St. Joe Jessamine and later pronounced dead.
An investigation revealed that Michael Jones, 55, had soaked a pair of underwear with methadone while he was out of jail on a court-ordered furlough. He brought the underwear back to the jail, and allegedly shared it with his cell mates. McQueary died as a result.
Jones is now charged with murder and the investigation is ongoing.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police