Funeral set for Md. officer killed in attack on police station
Private funeral is scheduled next week for a plainclothes narcotics officer who was killed Sunday in a blue-on-blue
UPPER MARLBORO, Md. — A private funeral is scheduled next week for a plainclothes narcotics officer who was killed Sunday in a shootout at a Maryland police station.
Authorities say 28-year-old Prince George's County Detective Jacai Colson was killed by one of his fellow officers after a man began firing at a police station in Landover. A wounded suspect, 22-year-old Michael Ford, was arrested.
A viewing for Colson will be held Thursday afternoon at a Beltsville funeral home.
Another viewing will also be held the next morning at the First Baptist Church of Glenarden in Upper Marlboro, followed by a memorial service.
The viewing, memorial service and funeral are all private, per the family's request.
Police say Colson, a four-year veteran of the department, grew up in Boothwyn, Pennsylvania.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house