Bitten cop mistakenly TASERs partner in scuffle with suspect
A pair of Los Angeles police officers and a man were hospitalized after an incident at a North Hollywood movie theater
By Ruben Vives
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES — A pair of Los Angeles police officers and a man were hospitalized after an incident at a North Hollywood movie theater.
Officers responded to a disturbance call about 9:40 p.m. Sunday at the Laemmle Theater on Lankershim Boulevard, KTLA-TV Channel 5 reported.
The officers attempted to speak to a man standing outside, but he ignored them, police said. At one point, the officers and the man were involved in a struggle, the station reported.
It wasn't immediately known what led to the struggle. The man allegedly bit one of the officers on the hand. The officer then used a Taser on the man, but it also struck the other officer.
All three were taken to hospitals for treatment. The officers were later released. The man remained hospitalized and his condition was unknown.
Copyright 2014 the Los Angeles Times
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman