Colo. officials try to calm immigrants' fears over possible arrest
Rosa Ramirez And Fernando Quintero, Rocky Mountain News
Copyright 2006 Denver Publishing Company
A new law that requires police to report any illegal immigrant they arrest to federal immigration authorities is causing confusion and widespread rumors in the Hispanic immigrant community.
Local Spanish-language radio stations have been inundated with calls this week from people concerned about the law, which was approved by the legislature and signed by Gov. Bill Owens.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court