Colo. officials try to calm immigrants' fears over possible arrest
Rosa Ramirez And Fernando Quintero, Rocky Mountain News
Copyright 2006 Denver Publishing Company
A new law that requires police to report any illegal immigrant they arrest to federal immigration authorities is causing confusion and widespread rumors in the Hispanic immigrant community.
Local Spanish-language radio stations have been inundated with calls this week from people concerned about the law, which was approved by the legislature and signed by Gov. Bill Owens.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman