Border Patrol celebrates 85th year
By Stephanie Sanchez
El Paso Times
EL PASO, Texas — Alcohol was illegal when the U.S. Border Patrol was formed in 1924. It had 415 inspectors who rode horses on investigations.
The Border Patrol, now an important drug-fighting operation, turned 85 years old Thursday, and its chief said it had much to celebrate.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Border Patrol celebrates 85th year
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help