Teens being recruited to smuggle for cartels in border cities
By Jason Trahan
Dallas Morning News
DALLAS — Mexican drug cartels are reaching into border-area schools to recruit new soldiers and killers, and state police officials are warning parents that those efforts could expand into North Texas and throughout the state.
Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, said Tuesday that the recruiting is done through gangs, and warned parents to be wary.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house