Q&A: Ex-agent says Border Patrol has grown, but dangers remain
Narcotics smuggling has risen alongside the agency's growth
By Maggie Ybarra
El Paso Times
EL PASO — Border Patrol agents are receiving heavy national attention this month. The spotlight is on them because of a confrontation in which an agent in El Paso allegedly shot and killed a 15-year-old Mexican boy.
The agent said rocks were thrown at him before he fired. Investigations of the shooting are underway in the United States and Mexico.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests