Three men held in Mexican officer's death
Arrested Friday with 69 packets of marijuana, an AR-15 rifle and a shotgun
By Daniel Borunda
El Paso Times
JUAREZ, Mx. — Three men were arrested in Juarez and accused in an attack on Mexican federal police believed to be linked to gunshots that struck El Paso City Hall a week ago, authorities said.
Federal police said Jose Alonso Hernandez Alvarez, aka "Apa" or "Payaso" (clown), 29; Raymundo Tapia Gaytan, 23; and Joel de la Cruz, aka "Gordo" or "Moreno," are suspected of taking part in an attack that killed a federal police officer on June 28 in west Juarez. Seven gunshots apparently fired during the shooting flew across the border and hit El Paso City Hall about a half-mile away.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Three men held in Mexican officer's death
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms