Three men held in Mexican officer's death
Arrested Friday with 69 packets of marijuana, an AR-15 rifle and a shotgun
By Daniel Borunda
El Paso Times
JUAREZ, Mx. — Three men were arrested in Juarez and accused in an attack on Mexican federal police believed to be linked to gunshots that struck El Paso City Hall a week ago, authorities said.
Federal police said Jose Alonso Hernandez Alvarez, aka "Apa" or "Payaso" (clown), 29; Raymundo Tapia Gaytan, 23; and Joel de la Cruz, aka "Gordo" or "Moreno," are suspected of taking part in an attack that killed a federal police officer on June 28 in west Juarez. Seven gunshots apparently fired during the shooting flew across the border and hit El Paso City Hall about a half-mile away.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Three men held in Mexican officer's death
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds