Ariz. governor vows to take immigration law to high court
"We will battle all the way to the Supreme Court, if necessary, for the right to protect the citizens of Arizona"
By Chad Brand
WASHINGTON DC — Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer vowed Wednesday to take the fight over her state's new law targeting illegal immigrants all the way to the Supreme Court.
Brewer, a Republican, said she was "disappointed" in U.S. District Court Judge Susan R. Bolton's ruling blocking the implementation of a number of the controversial law's provisions, and lashed out against those who have protested against the measure.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help