Mexican violence closes in on border states
The violence is not just in Juarez; it's also south of New Mexico, Arizona, and California
By Diana M. Alba
Alamogordo Daily News
LAS CRUCES, NM — Daily reports of drug cartel-related killings in Juarez may numb sensitivity to the severity of the situation just across New Mexico's southern border.
There is, after all, an international boundary lined with miles of fence and patrolled by scores of federal agents that separates Mexico from the United States.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mexican violence closes in on border states
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash