US man on jet ski shot in Mexican waters
A man and his wife were riding jet skis back from Mexico when the gunmen approached
ZAPATA, Texas — A Texas sheriff says an American tourist was shot in Mexican waters after being approached by two boats of armed men.
Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez said Thursday that a 30-year-old man and his wife were riding jet skis back from Mexico when the gunmen approached. Gonzalez said the man was shot in the head as the couple sped away.
Gonzalez said the wife fears her husband is dead. He said he has contacted the consulate in Mexico to ask them to look for the man.
The shooting happened near Falcon Lake, where state officials earlier this year warned boaters of pirates patrolling the waters.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help