Famous Texas border agent gets honored
Don Chuy was actually the role of Jesus "Chuy" Carrillo, an undercover special agent with the U.S. Border Patrol
By Daniel Borunda
El Paso Times
EL PASO, Texas — He was called "Don Chuy," a narco-trafficker who swaggered in his Stetson, flashy gold jewelry and expensive cowboy boots.
Don Chuy mastered obscenity-laced tough talk that stopped arguments, a stare that could disarm men and the attitude of a big-time player in border drug dealing.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Famous Texas border agent gets honored
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms